"Start Planning Poker" has no effect (until reload)
I tried to start planning poker on 6 stories and clicking through I ran into several that reacted slowly or not at all and most worked when getting back to them in a second round. Except one. That last one appeared to have the poker open upon reload.
Statement from Kunagi Team
Closes, since no additional investigation possible. If you experience this problem again, let us know.
Issue is closed.
Thu, Jan 7, 2016, 01:26 by artjom (PO,T)
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this problem. Could you please provide the following:
- What version of Kunagi are you using?
- What browser and browser version are you using?
- Next to the Kunagi icon on the top left corner of your screen, you have a little bubble that idicates server communication. Does the bubble turn red (meaning that the servers appears unresponsive) when you start the planning poker?
Thu, Jan 7, 2016, 03:20 by anonymous
1. that was before the very last update
2. chromium. probably 47
3. I will pay attention to these things next time it happens. It's just a bad time for debugging when all the team gets together and kunagi generally is flaky here and there but reload usually fixes all issues. Sorry I can't help more right now.
Thu, Jan 7, 2016, 20:38 by artjom (PO,T)
Of course we try to make Kunagi as stable as possible. Naturally, some parts of the software and specific use cases (namely our own) are covered better by testing that others.
Although I cannot reproduce the issue you're describing, just a general note on sever communication and multi-user interaction: Kunagi does not use full refreshes to update state. Instead, your client communicates changes to the server, and then the server pushes the new state to all active clients. If the internet connection is dodgy or the server is busy, sometimes seemingly weird behaviour can be observed (typically, when your navigation and server pushes interleave in an awkward manner).
How ofter you communicate to the server and how long the response takes can be observed by looking at the server indicator. When it lights up, you sent information to the server (may also be a ping). When it ceases to be lit up, the server sucessfully answered. If the indicator turns red, Kunagi assumes that the connection to the server was lost.