Too many Themes
Splitting story adds Description to Themes list
- Use existing story for splitting.
- When the new story is created, it gets the Description field from the original story as a new Theme entry which is unexpected.
- When splitting stories, each time the Theme list keeps growing
- There does not seem to be a way to then remove the new Theme entry from the list of Theme options
Issue is closed.
Fri, Sep 30, 2011, 22:02 by artjom (PO,T)
It is to say that new Themes are created on purpose. This is, in a sense, an implementation of Epics for the Product Backlog. Once you split an Epic into actual implementable Stories, they are connected via a common Theme.
You are perfectly correct, however, that the current state is not really perfect. There is also already the plan to rework the Theme selection widget (sto180).
If you have concrete suggestion on how to improve on what we have, feel free to share them with us! Otherwise, we will just wait and see how it works out (with the new theme selection to come etc.).
There is one thing concerning the deletion of Themes, though: They should disappear from the selection as soon as no Entity (Stoy or Issue) has them. I just tried and it's apparently not always the case. This is a bug.
Sat, Oct 1, 2011, 02:32 by anonymous
Appreciate the insight about the Epics and the reason for creating the new Theme entry.
- Would be useful to be able to see and delete a Theme in one central place (in addition to be able to edit the name as in sto180)
- If one could mark a Story as type Epic, then it would be useful to view the Backlog with a filter for Epics only, so when one has more details, Epics can be quickly found and split to actual detailed Stories
I've used several other Scrum products in the past few years. I came across Kunagi just a couple of weeks ago. I must say I am very impressed with this one - it seems like just the right balance of features and ease of use. Please keep up the good work. Thanks!
Tue, Feb 21, 2012, 22:43 by anonymous
Same quesstion on this one as STO 830. Has this capability been released. . . being planned, or has been (if so what version)?
Wed, Feb 22, 2012, 00:50 by artjom (PO,T)
This Issue refers to our approach to splitting Stories.
In general, Issues are not yet planned for any release. They may be posted problems, bugs or ideas. Once they make it into the Product Backlog, they are prioritized and done top-to-bottom.
Also see my comment on sto180.
Wed, Mar 14, 2012, 18:18 by artjom (PO,T)
Concerning marking Stories as Epics: The concept of an Epic is an abstract one, so we won't implement it into a feature of any sort. A Story should be concidered an Epic if it is large or unspecific. This is usually evident even without an explicit epic flag.